Some common examples of internal attachments are attachments to:
* your ideas,
* your beliefs,
* your opinions or viewpoints,
* your memories,
* a certain way of thinking
* a particular virtue/virtues or specialty/specialties,
* a particular power/powers,
* a particular sanskar/sanskars – either positive or negative, etc.
Whether the attachment is external or internal, the act of attaching is always internal. e.g. if you attach yourself to your job, you will say “my job”. Your job is something external, but you hold on to it inside you – inside your consciousness.